For the last 35 years, our 50-person team has been building Cyc, the world’s only AI that deeply understands what it’s reasoning about (as opposed to what everyone else today calls “AI”: statistical machine learning and limited-logic knowledge-graph searching). Human-level artificial general intelligence only needs to be created once, and we’re looking for people to join our team to help us in that effort. As an QA Tester, you will find and fill gaps in Cycorp applications. You must be skilled at finding effective automated and manual approaches to thoroughly test products. You must also be good at identifying potential bugs and other defects, and then you must be able to clearly communicate how others can remedy the situation.
What it’s like to work as a QA Tester
- You will identify, reproduce, and report bugs or other suboptimal performance in Cycorp applications.
- You will design automated and manual testing procedures and ensure they are properly run.
- Testers must monitor weekly regression test loops.
- QA personnel must maintain documentation regarding software and application defects.
- Successsful candidates must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Given the communication demands of the position, testers must have excellent English writing and verbal skills.
- While the capacity to use an issue tracker is a requirement, it is a plus to already be familiar with JIRA, which Cycorp currently uses.
- Experience in AI is also a plus.
Cycorp’s AI R&D is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and applications are understood to be for regular, full time employment on-site here. Cycorp is an equal opportunity employer. We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination. Cycorp will hire only persons authorized to work in the United States and will verify identity and eligibility for employment, and complete Form I-9 for all new employees on the date of hire.