For the last 35 years, our 50-person team has been building Cyc, the world’s only AI that deeply understands what it’s reasoning about (as opposed to what everyone else today calls “AI”: statistical machine learning and limited-logic knowledge-graph searching). Human-level AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) only needs to be created once, on Earth; now that we are nearing our goal, would you like to be part of the team that crosses that monumentally important finish line? As a DevOps Engineer, you will assist in the creation and maintenance of development and production environments. You should be driven to understand the needs of the organization and your coworkers, and you must use that insight to implement solutions that are performant as well as low maintenance. You will work in a small and flexible team of talented engineers to deploy, integrate, and maintain infrastructure for internal and external customers in a way that is consistent and reusable. Automation and infrastructure-as-code experience are essential.
What responsibilities does a DevOps Engineer have at Cycorp?
- Work in close partnership with the project and product owners to determine requirements and ensure the consistent creation of infrastructure and software deliverable artifacts
- Plan, develop, and implement plans for maintenance related to infrastructure or software deployments
- Monitor internal systems
- Automate and maintain change management and deployment procedures
- Troubleshoot automated script failures and perform root cause analysis
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Knowledge and experience working in software development environments
- Experience with automation and infrastructure-as-code methodologies
- Experience working with Docker and containerized applications
- Programming experience in languages such as Java, Python, and Bash
- Experience working with Linux and the Linux command line
- Fluency or interest in the following technologies:
- Relational Databases such as PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MySQL
- Microsoft Active Directory
Non-requirements that are pluses:
- Logic experience (first order or higher order)
- Algorithm design
- Recursive programming
Cycorp is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and applications are understood to be for regular, full time employment. Cycorp is an equal opportunity employer. We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination. Cycorp will hire only persons authorized to work in the United States and will verify identity and eligibility for employment, and complete Form I-9 for all new employees on the date of hire.