For the last 35 years, our 50-person team has been building Cyc, the world’s only AI that deeply understands what it’s reasoning about (as opposed to what everyone else today calls “AI”: statistical machine learning and limited-logic knowledge-graph searching). Human-level artificial general intelligence only needs to be created once, and we’re looking for people to join our team to help us in that effort. As a CI Engineer, you will consistently and efficiently deploy, integrate, and maintain infrastructure for Cycorp and our clients. You should have a proven history of implementing CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins, experience with Ant, Maven, and Java, and a desire to lead change and improvements to process.
You will work in a small and flexible team of talented engineers to take over the current build automation and work to extend it into a full CI/CD pipeline.
What it’s like to work as an CI Engineer at Cycorp
- You will orchestrate build and deployment pipelines across private and public cloud environments.
- You will work in close partnership with the data scientists, architects, and product owners to document requirements and ensure the consistent and automatic creation of deliverable artifacts.
- You will enable, oversee, and increase visibility of CI/CD productivity and build status metrics for multiple products and consumers.
- When necessary, our builder must troubleshoot automated script failures and perform root cause analysis.
- You must have strong knowledge and experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery projects.
- Qualified applicants must have experience creating scripts using Selenium, Java, Maven, and Jenkins.
- They must also have experience working with Docker and containerized applications.
- You must be fluent in languages such as Java, Bash, and Python.
- Lastly, you must be comfortable working with Linux and the Linux command line.
- Familiarity with first-order logic, algorithm design, recursive programming, and Lisp is preferred. However, we are happy to bring the right candidate up to speed in these areas if they otherwise have the aptitude.
- We also prefer those with interests in AI development and applications.
Cycorp’s AI R&D is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and applications are understood to be for regular, full time employment on-site here. Cycorp is an equal opportunity employer. We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination. Cycorp will hire only persons authorized to work in the United States and will verify identity and eligibility for employment, and complete Form I-9 for all new employees on the date of hire.