Dr. Douglas B. Lenat is one of the world's leading computer scientists, and is the founder of the Cyc project and president of Cycorp.
Dr. Lenat has been a Professor of Computer Science at Carnegie-Mellon University and Stanford University and has received numerous honors including:
- Awarded the bi-annual IJCAI Computers and Thought Award which is the highest honor in Artificial Intelligence;
- Named the first Fellow of the AAAI, the Association for the Advancedment of Artificial Intelligence.
- Fellow of the American Academy for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
He is a prolific author, whose hundreds of publications include the following books:
- Knowledge Based Systems in Artificial Intelligence (1982, McGraw-Hill)
- Building Expert Systems (1983, Addison-Wesley)
- Knowledge Representation (1988, Addison-Wesley)
- Building Large Knowledge Based Systems (1989, Addison-Wesley)
His 1976 Stanford thesis earned him the bi-annual IJCAI Computers and Thought Award in 1977.
Dr. Lenat received his Ph.D. in computer science from Stanford University and his BA and MS in Mathematics from the University of Pennsylvania.